Test tubes that are labeled “Monkeypox virus positive” are visible in this image captured on May 23rd 2022. Photo: Reuters
Over 80 nations in which monkeypox does not occur are reporting outbreaks of virus disease. The World Health Organization has declared an emergency in the global health system, since confirmed cases surpassed 31,400, and countries that are not endemic have reported their first deaths.
Below are the countries with no endemic status which have reported monkeypox-related deaths:
- Brazil reported its first loss on July 31.
- India reported its first loss in August. 1.
- SPAIN reported its second death on the 30th of July.
Here is the list of the non-endemic countries where monkeypox has been reported in cases:
- AUSTRALIA had confirmed that there were 58 cases of cancer as of August. 9.
- INDIA has confirmed 9 cases as of August. 3.
- JAPAN was reporting three instances as of August. 10.
- NEW ZEALAND had reported three instances in August. 2.
- The PHILIPPINES have reported their first instance on July 29.
- SINGAPORE confirmed 15 cases by the end of August. 5.
- SOUTH KOREA reported two cases on the 22nd of June.
- TAIWAN has confirmed 3 cases, as of August. 9.
- THAILAND verified four instances as of August. 5.